Tuesday, July 22, 2008

God Clothes the Grass With Flowers

Matthew 6:28-30-- "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?"

I'd read this passage many times until one day I saw something there that gave me a mental picture--grass clothed with flowers. These are the words of Jesus. They are beautifully graphic and poetic and I had missed it. That's why it is important to read the Bible every day. When I am tuned in to its message to me that day, I learn new things. I'm very grateful for the natural "clothing" God has provided for me just outside my door.

This card is part of a book I'm making for Deena.

No comments: