Friday, July 18, 2008

Through Sickness and In Health


Matthew 25:36--"I was sick and you looked after me."

This lovely couple belong to a friend of mine who commissioned me to do this work. I've done others of her and her family but this one is a little different. A few years back this lovely woman had a massive stroke. Her husband has stood by her side ministering to her and her needs. He's the epitome of selflessness. So many people would run away or put their spouse in a home, but she was only in her 40's when the disaster struck. Her mind is keen, but everythings else needs help. What would I do? I hope I'd be like Jesus was talking of here--when we minister to others, we minister to him.

This is made on an old book cover. I used a copy of their wedding picture (My copier was way off that day and only the faces made it out clear. Everything else I repainted), old lace, ribbons, sheer fabric, faux pearls, lace trim, sparkled dried baby's breath, copied flower prints, lace trim, two matching old plastic buttons with flowers, sticker that says: "Praise the Lord," gel medium into which I etched a design and highlighted with gold paint.

No comments: