Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Singing a Song

Job 35:9-12--"Men cry out under a load of oppression; they plead for relief from the arm of the powerful. But no one says, 'Where is God my Maker, who gives songs in the night, who teaches more to us than to the beasts of the earth and makes us wiser than the birds of the air?'

This is the response of Elihu to the words of Job as he is trying to understand why he is so miserable. What is your take on this scripture? Leave a comment and I'll come back and give you my understanding of it.

I used an old book cover with a lovely marbled look and a natural patina. I adjusted the size of an old album page, added a bird, old music that says, " singing a song", stain, flowers from
Shabby Cottage Studio, other ephemera, old shell buttons, dried baby's breath, old frayed ribbon, sheer ribbon and velvet ribbon. I'm putting it on Etsy today.

No comments: