Monday, July 14, 2008

Joy Is Faith

Nehemiah 8:15--"This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength."

This scripture was written to document the celebration of the Israelites when, after many years of captivity, God's word was finally read to them. They were so humbled that they began weeping. Nehemiah encouraged them to rejoice, eat and drink and serve others. He acknowledged that the day was sacred and for them to not grieve but have joy. You know, that's easy enough for Nehemiah, a man of God, but what about those people who have been steeped in sin for years on end--those whose lives have been burdened by guilt--those whose relationships have been destroyed--those who only knew God by suggestion and not lifestyle. They were awed at what God intended for them and they were willing to change. I've been grieved by God's word on occasion. I've been convicted by what the Bible says I should be doing. How long has that been for you? Years? Months? Days? I think I need to read this whole passage of scripture today and be joyful in the Lord.

This little card goes into a book I'm making for Deena. I used copied vintage photos, scrapbook paper, metallic ink, paint, glitter glue and a brass charm.

No comments: