Friday, July 25, 2008

The Joy of Books

Joshua 1:8--"Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful."

My mother was a reader. She loved mysteries. She always spoiled the plot in movies and tv shows because she would figure the ending and tell us "who done it." She also read the Bible and imparted knowledge from it to us. She would refer to scripture when she was teaching us how to live life. I'm grateful that she used God's Book to guide her life and ours. I had a great mother. Monitarily we were not prosperous in today's standard of living but we were rich in other ways that are more important. All of us are successful and I attribute that to being careful to follow God's Word. Thanks Mom.

Deena is an avid reader. Many times she will post the current book she is reading and encourage others to read it too. This card is part of a book I'm making for her and will deliver today. Tomorrow I'll post the finished product. I used an old poem, half paper and half transparency, scrapbook paper, sticker, silk flower, gel pen, a vintage image and stain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was happy to see that Deena had a post and what a beautiful one at that. Your book is heartwarming and so precious. I'll continue to keep an eye on your blog. Thanks for the lovely treat to her and us. Diane