Saturday, July 12, 2008

Little Book of Joy

. I've started another Little Book. This time it's for my friend, Deena. I showed her the book I made for Heather at The Patchwork Heart and she really liked it. I asked her if she wanted me to make her a little book. She said yes. "OK, what will the theme be?" She responded, "Joy."
Deena's had a rough go of it lately. She's in radiation treatments now and she needs a little--well, maybe a lot of joy. So for the next whatever block of time it takes, I will be posting the pages of her book. I told her I'd do so and she can keep track of its progression.
Deena: "He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy."--Job 8:21.

This is the cover for the "Little Book of Joy." I found this picture in a magazine, and since I'm not selling this book, I felt it was ok to use it. Deena finds joy in the simple things of life and I thought this picture might point that direction. I added other ephemera and stain on scrapbook paper. You'll see a lot of blues and browns in this book.

No comments: