Monday, October 13, 2008

Always Have Hope

Psalm 71:14--"But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more."

Where there is life, there is hope. Sometimes the approach of Winter puts some people in a tailspin. My husband, for one, starts to hibernate. As the days grow shorter, he grows more tired. He wants to quit his day at dark and sleeps in much later than in the Spring and Summer months. Many people go into a depression when secluded by the weather. I love that there are winter birds that give me the hope of Springtime. I'm brightened by their appearance. This piece is a reminder that God is the Creator of such wonderful creatures. I will have hope and I will praise God (both take a conscious effort on my part.)

I used the back of an old square frame, giving it a shadow box effect. I added embroidered cloth, lace, buttons, linen, the hem of an old doll dress, perle cotton thread, a word on vellum, book binding materials, washed slip from doll dress, old text, tea bag, resin bird, copy of old lithograph, metal washer, decorative pearls, raffia, glue, mod podge and gel medium.

3 comments:

H.D. Campbell said...

such a lovley blog
hugs
heather

SweetAnnee said...

Oh I love this..and thank for it!!

fondly, deena

Kimmi said...

I love this!!!!!

Kimberly