Thursday, October 30, 2008

Clothed With Salvation

Isaiah 61:10--"I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels."

I made this little dress last summer in answer to a call for a ball gown from one of my art groups. I really like how this turned out but even as cute as it is (in my opinion) it doesn't hold a candle to the garments of God. The salvation He gives us totally covers us from head to toe. In Bible days, people were considered rich if they owned outer garments. God makes it clear that He provides it all. The garment he gives us is even covered with a robe. His salvation makes us right with him. All the beautiful clothes in the world cannot display the beauty of his salvation. Even the most shabbily dressed person who knows Christ owns his righteousness. What a delight!

I used strips of fabric, hankies, ribbon, trim and lace to make the skirt, part of a ribbon for the bodice, a silk flower on the shoulder and faux pearls at the waist.

1 comment:

littlethings1 said...

The dress is so pretty ! But how true & thankful that God will cover us ! Enjoyed your blog !
Eunice