Friday, October 24, 2008

Be Glad

Psalm 31:7--"I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul."
Look closely and you can see the words "be glad." This little pixie looks so sweet and unpretentious, if not a little impish. Happy, well-cared-for children are unapologetic in their gladness. They don't mind laughing out loud and shouting with glee when they are filled with happiness and enjoying life. When did all that change? It seems the older I get, the more dire the world becomes and there is very little around us that causes happiness. I'm normally a happy person inside, but at times things just get me down. It took me a while to realize that happiness comes in a package that has to be opened--just like the gift of salvation. We have to make the move toward happiness. Even when it's dropped in our laps, we sometimes fail to open the gift. Being happy take a conscious effort at times. "I will be glad" takes determination.

This little necklace is made from a dragon domino on which I adhered a Paper Whimsy photo and other ephemera and glitter glue. I etched a design around the outside and highlighted it with gold and silver paint. Crystals from an antique necklace adorn the top and bottom.

No comments: