Friday, October 3, 2008

Sharing Some Photos From the Pure Journal

I love collecting everyday things from the past and this is one of them--a page from a stamp book from the sixty's or seventies, not sure which. Did you collect these? I dolled it up a bit with old paper, scrapbook paper strip and lace.
This is a copy of an old postcard I own, a ribbon, embroidered lace, silk flowers, a sprig of sparkly baby's breath and embroidery thread.
The pocket comes from the fly-leaf of an old book, pretty cool. I added three bookmarks: scrapbook paper strip with added rose (Joanna) and silk ribbon, scrapbook paper strip with added scripture sticker and button, and manila folder strip with added bits of what was on my table--what fun for me-- and a silk ribbon.
I have a habit of looking down when I walk which gets me in trouble sometime, but I usually find bits of life as I walk. I found this feather (washed it in antibacterial soap and microwaved it for 30 seconds to get rid of any mites--my daughter wouldn't let me use her microwave for this--hmmm, go figure), rusty chicken wire, old rusty spring and rusty washer, sewed them to a fabric strip and glued it to the page. I like it! My son-in-law actually got with the program and helped me find stuff on one of our walks while I was with them a few weeks ago. His eye-sight is way better than mine! A rusty found paper clip holds some of the same info I have here. The page is titled: "Lost To Found."
Deena gave me the back of a great book she bought last year while we were shopping at an antique store. What a great piece of ephemera. I protected it with paper sealer so it will last longer.

No comments: