Friday, October 17, 2008

Fleur


Exodus 25:31-"Make a lampstand of pure gold and hammer it out, base and shaft; its flowerlike cups, buds and blossoms shall be of one piece with it."

It's interesting to me that the temple pieces had flower decorations. Do you know that God chose specific men to make them and their blossoms were even put on lampstands? Even in the old Bible times, flowers were to be used as objects to bring people to God. Their beauty revealed the wonder of creation and the promise of hope. Yes, their time comes when they are withered and gone, but while they are here, we are to enjoy them. I love putting flowers on my artworks. They give me joy and in some way I'm preserving their beauty.

This little domino necklace is a way to preserve the beauty of flowers. Notice that the lavender flower is part of an old hankie. I used a tiny bud from a Shabby Cottage Studio collage sheet.
The little girl, from Paper Whimsy, is a little adoring flower. Children, like flowers, aren't children for long. Enjoy them while you have them. Preserve them for eternity by introducing them to their Creator.

1 comment:

larkswing said...

I have never thought about the blossoms that way - very inspiring!