Thursday, October 16, 2008

Beauty

Proverbs 31:30--"Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

My mom always told me, "It's what's inside that counts." She encouraged me not to stew about how my hair looked or what I was wearing. "If you have a smile like that, no one is going to care about what you're wearing." She was so right. It really doesn't matter. It's the heart, the seat of emotions and love, that matters. So often the Bible tells us that "the Lord looks on the heart" and what comes out of the mouth has come from the heart. People know if we're genuine or fake, if we truly love them or just want something from them. Children, especially, can see right through us. I can tell a Godly woman by looking at her eyes. I see gentleness and peace there. I honestly want to be like that woman.

I'm making domino necklaces like this to hopefully sell at a sweet little store that just opened around the corner from where I live. I'm to take them in and let her look at them and she will let me know whether she can sell them or not. I'm excited about the prospect. I used a vintage domino with colored dots, ephemera, gel medium, gold paint, old text, beads, shell buttons and waxed linen thread. The photo is from Paper Whimsy.

3 comments:

Gale Blair said...

Your necklace is wonderful! I would be shocked if the shop didn't think they could sell them.

Kimmi said...

These are adorable!

Kimberly

Gail Schmidt said...

I love your dominoe necklace and I bet the shop owner will be thrilled when she sees them!
hugs
Gail