Monday, October 6, 2008

Honor To God

1 Samuel 2:30--"Therefore the LORD, the God of Israel, declares: 'I promised that your house and your father's house would minister before me forever.' But now the LORD declares: 'Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained."

It's important to honor God. Even the Levites, the temple priests were being dishonorable, selfish and disobedient. It's one thing for the common man to disrespect the Lord, but it's another thing when it's being done by those who have accepted the call to serve the Lord with their whole being. No one is exempt from sin. As much as we'd like to think that the church leaders are the holiest and closest to God, in some instances, that is not the case. It's only a respectable job for some and they don't take their position seriously. We need to constantly check our attitudes as related to service.

No comments: