Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lovely Thoughts

Philippians 4:8--"Whatever is...lovely...think on these things."

There is so much violence, abuse and ugly in this world that the thought of such bombards the brain. What a pleasure it is to just appreciate the "lovely" that God has created. This time of year screams "LOVELY." Look. See. Appreciate. Only God, the Creator, can provide this kind of loveliness. Look at a baby. How can this be? Yes, yes, I know the procreation part, but what about the product of creation? How can a little being do all those little things? I bonded with my youngest grandchild last weekend. I got to hold and love him for two long days! What a joy--how lovely that was!!

I made a fiber art creation using a spiral-bound sketch book. I decorated the covers with scrapbook paper, added fabric from an old doll dress, antique lace, ribbon, text from a French/English Dictionary, a copy of a vintage image (Paper Whimsy), book cover fabric, a curtain ring, perle cotton thread and part of a costume jewelry pearl necklace. I added old foreign text to the inside of the covers and muted it with gesso. It's on Etsy this week. Click on any picture on the right side bar and that will take you to my shop.

1 comment:

SweetAnnee said...

oh honey
your work is amazing.
touching and seeing hope
made me cry

I have been so blessed