Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hope and A Future

Cover of Journal, "Hope and a Future" based on Jeremiah 29:11--" 'I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." This is a wonderful verse for us as we travel through life. This journal will hopefully help someone else in their travels as it contains scripture thoughts, snipets of quotes, vignettes of years-gone-by and much more. I started it yesterday afternoon. The cover is an old altered book cover I did last year and adhered it to the cover of a notebook, added ribbon, scrapbook paper and lace and changed the label to "hope and a future."
I've given just a few examples in this post of the vignettes I put in the journal but the lighting is poor since I took this before sunup inside under just a ceiling light. I love this old photo. They look so nice and dressed up. I wonder what they were thinking as they sat for this shot?
I love putting little pieces of ephemera on the side of the page like this. Notice the old trading stamp. I collected stamps like this in my early years of marriage and my husband and I traded them for some things to decorate our first home.
This is an old plastic buckle into which I pulled some ribbon and scrim from an old doll slip.
Isn't this little one adorable? Paper Whimsy is a great place for gorgeous photos to use in art and scrapbooking. I also used a quote on vellum and a snipet of scrapbook paper. I'll post more tomorrow, maybe. I woke up early this morning, about 4:00, with thoughts of this book swirling in my head and I couldn't get back to sleep planning what I was going to do to finish this book. I worked on it for a couple hours and just stayed up since I have to play for a funeral this morning. Guess I can sleep this afternoon. Off to greet the day.

2 comments:

larkswing said...

That cover is great! So cozy and fun!

SweetAnnee said...

yes hope and a future
love you
deena