Thursday, October 23, 2008

Unlock

Deuteronomy 28:12--"The LORD will open the storehouses of the skies where he keeps the rain, and he will send rain on your land at just the right times. He will make you successful in everything you do. You will have plenty of money to lend to other nations, but you won't need to borrow any yourself."
What a promise! God gives the rain at just the right time even when we don't think so. Sometimes when an event is planned and people have come to work or have fun, we're not too sure whether the rain came at the right time or not. It's funny how things work out anyway and usually everything gets done or we continue to have fun only in a different venue. I like the fact that God will make me successful. I have to remember that success is not necessarily measured by how much money one has. I believe I'm very successful when I survey what the Lord has given me. The last sentence of the scripture above does mention money and I believe when we are blessed with money, we need to be responsible with it and not hoard it for ourselves. When we have plenty, the scripture says to share.
The USA and many other countries have been very successful in the past--enough so to lend to their neighbors. I wonder how long this will last? We need to look at verses 1 and 2 in this same passage--"If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. 2All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God." Then he continues by pouring out His blessings on the obedient ones. We need to take heed, lest we fall.

This journal is going to the little shop around the corner, S'More Couture. She liked my journal and wants more for Christmas. She loved the little Christmas ornaments and said she'd take as many as I could make to cover a thin, tall tree. Wow! I've been busy more than half the day working on the journal. You know--artist's rarely get paid for the time they spend in creating... so it's a good thing I like what I do. I know, the Lord will make me successful if I obey Him and that is my intention.

1 comment:

Amy Sutter said...

Beatiful, the Journal and your words. Who are we to fear with God on our side?
Just wanted to let you know that we are having a drawing on Aged Vintage Papier, all can enter!Blessings,
Amy Sutter