Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bursting Into Song

Side tabs of "Sing" Journal
"Sing" Journal
Psalm 98:4-6--"Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music; make music to the Lord with the harp, with the harp and the sound of singing, with trumpets and the blast of the ram's horn--shout for joy before the Lord, the King."
Do you ever find yourself singing? You're going about your business and realize that you've been singing. That type of song comes from the heart. The songs I sing usually are initiated by the songs we've been practicing for church choir. I'm the accompanist and I don't sing as I play. That's way too much multi-tasking for this little brain to handle. I do catch some of the words and when I sing, however, I find myself making up words or just humming the tune. Maybe that's a "new song" to the Lord. We are supposed to sing to the Lord and play music on instruments if we follow the teachings of the Psalmists. Far too many people don't think they sing well enough to sing the hymns and spiritual songs in church worship. What about the "joyful noises" and the "shouts for joy?" I don't believe there is any excuse, so go ahead--"burst into song."
This is what I made from the pile I showed you yesterday. Finally I've cleared that part of my work space. I used a large notebook on which I adhered old music to the fronts and backs of the covers, ink, assorted fabric, the edge of an old doll's dress, lace, buttons, old text, pearls, a key, thread and a copy of an old photo. On the edges of every ten pages or so I put different kinds of tabs. I'm putting this in my Etsy shop today.

No comments: