Friday, November 21, 2008

Preparations

My son and daughter-in-law and their six children are coming to visit tomorrow. Today will be spent cleaning my house and child-proofing for my 20-month-old granddaughter. They will be able to come to our church's Thanksgiving dinner Sunday night, staying through Monday and leaving on Tuesday. We're all (my daughter and her family will be there too) meeting together at my in-laws house on Wednesday to butcher the deer my husband is supposed to kill this
weekend. We really know how to have fun, don't we. It is a tradition that the day before Thanksgiving we butcher. My husband's family has been cutting up their own meat all their lives and his dad is a superior butcher. We really save money and get all the meat we can and our whole family shares it. All our Thanksgiving food is purchased before that day and then prepared on Thanksgiving Day. It's all about family time. If you've never worked together as a family, you've missed out on a great time. There's something about working together that brings us together. Try it, you may like it. 1 Corinthians 3:8--"The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor."

The little art piece above started as a plain mini frame. I decorated with glitter glue, a vintage image (complements of Paper Whimsy), and added a green grosgrain bow, a beaded sprig and glittered leaves.

No comments: