Thursday, November 20, 2008

First Things First


I made these little bottle ornaments to put in the shop around the corner, S'More Couture. It was fun making these little precious things. I have a few more colored bottles around here somewhere but Christmas will be over by the time I find them. I've sold two of my large journals and a few ornaments and necklaces so I am pleased. I'm certainly not going to make a living at this rate but I am so grateful that someone finds my creations acceptable enough to purchase. Again, I have to be careful not to put my trust in my creations but in the Great Creator. I'm beginning to see that though I want to succeed as an artist/crafter, it takes enormous blocks of committed time at the art table--time that I have committed elsewhere. Since this is a hobby, of sorts, I put God's "divine interuptions" first--playing the piano for a senior group, transposing a piece of music for a friend who is singing for her friend's funeral, practicing it with her and then recording it so she can take it with her to sing, buying Christmas presents for 12 grandchildren and 3 children and their spouses, spending quality time with my husband, listening to a friend who is having trouble with her children, waiting with a friend while her husband has surgery, posting art-related devotions on a Yahoo group. That's a taste of my past week. I'm thinking that what's on my list is more valuable than my art projects even though it's frustrating for me to find the time to create. First things first. "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."--Matthew 6:17.
I'll just continue to trust and follow.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Hey Mom,
I've not read your blog the past few days since we had a bad week last week, but I wanted to tell you that the week you had was one of those seek My will and I'll give you the desires of your heart weeks for you. You sought to do His will and you obeyed His calls and He gives you the desires of your heart. I just wanted to remind you that you've done it again. Love you.