Sunday, November 9, 2008

Just Like Christmas!

I was talking to my friends at a Sunday School party last night about the kind of artwork I do. I described Mixed Media art and said that I used "found" items, old lace, fabric, buttons, jewelry and other trinkets in my pieces. Well....two of them came to me today bearing GIFTS! Wow, I was so excited to see these little wonders--Grandma's old lace and buttons from Candi and a package of "unknowns" from Mike. Thank you so much for my early Christmas presents. I'm going now to touch all of it. Am I weird, or what?

Esther 9:22--"observe the days as days of feasting and joy and giving presents ...to one another." I just had to find a scripture describing the giving of gifts and found this one. Maybe I'm stretching it just a little to suit me but I'm certain that I don't give enough to others. There's a special joy in giving things to others and I was touched by my friends' generosity and thoughtfulness in their giving to me.

No comments: