Thursday, November 6, 2008

Crafting By Design

Last week I put the curved pieces together for Cassi's quilt. Not fun; have you ever sewn curves? Ugh! I used many, many pins to anchor the pieces and carefully machine stitched them, removing many pins as I went. My machine is an oldie but goody and it can sew over most of the my pins. Today I'm adding the design for the plain muslin corner. I love roses so it will make this project a little more easy. Hopefully, I'll be able to connect all the squares today.

Did you know the Lord directed certain people to create artistic wonders for the sanctuary of the tabernacle and later the temple? There were even craftsmen, designers, embroiderers, and weavers. God gave them the skill and expected, even commanded, them to use their talents for His glory. I believe He does the same with us today and we are sad and incomplete people if we don't follow his commands. You can read about this in Exodus 35 and 36. "So Bezalel, Oholiab and every skilled person to whom the Lord has given skill and ability to know how to carry out all the work of constructing the sanctuary are to do the work just as the Lord has commanded."--Exodus 36:1.

The design for this quilt is from "The Romance of Paula Vaughan," copyright 1993, Leisure Arts, page 71.

No comments: