Monday, November 17, 2008

Buttons


Did you know that there is a National Button Day? Yes, the day I made these little pretties (ala Rebecca Sower's idea),November 16, was National Button Day and I didn't even know it then. I have a passion for buttons, all colors and every size. I've always loved them and now I create with them. I've been collecting for years and love sorting them and I have pretty tins filled with them in all different colors. I don't think there is a scripture using the word "button" but there is one that appears to be close in Exodus 26:11--"Then make fifty bronze clasps and put them in the loops to fasten the tent together as a unit." I do believe they even had buttons way back then. Well, what do you know? There is a special website for button collectors. When I have enough time, I'm going to check it out.
These cufflets were made from old grain sacks, bits of odd fabric and many different buttons. They could also be bookmarks. I'm not brave enough to actually wear one, but I am in my sixties, hmmmm.... and I do a lot of things I wouldn't have done in my twenties for fear of someone's critique, hmmmm..... It just doesn't matter to me what people think anymore. I think I'll put one on right now!

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

What a lovely site. I enjoy the way you add a spiritual application to your crafts.

Lorrie