Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cold and Wind

Job 37:9--"The tempest comes out from its chamber, the cold from the driving winds."

Brrrrr. Sounds cold, doesn't it. Well, winter is a-comin' here in middle America. It was windy and rainy with sleet today. Brrrrr. Time to get out the mittens. It's difficult for me to break down and wear a coat and gloves, but because my hands are in either water or glue most of the day, they tend to crack if I don't take care of them. Ouch! I spend most of my winters with band-aids around my fingers. God provides just what we need and at the right time. Though winters can be uncomfortable, God sees that we have a warm place to go and food to eat, water to drink and warm clothes. He's a loving God that cares for His people. I'm grateful for what some people call the basics. I know it would take only a few hours without heat and protection before I'd get the full impact of the "tempest." Where are those mittens anyway?

This little mitten is made from wool batting and stitched with perle cotton thread. I grouped three decorative buttons near the bow and stitched a little snowflake in the middle.

No comments: