Saturday, November 8, 2008

Nest Journal

Front of Nest Journal
Side of Nest Journal with Tabs
Matthew 6:26--"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"
If you've followed my blog at all, you will recognize that this verse is a favorite of mine. I keep going back to it because it means so much to me. This is a scripture about worry. Jesus is teaching us here that we don't need to do that because He will care for us. Worry actually increases our stress levels. If we put all our trust in Christ, he will take care of our needs. This verse also encourages me since He values me so much.
This art is formed on a large sewn notebook. I used a collection of cream-colored fabrics, an old album page, a bird and eggs from a collage sheet, old lace, vintage buttons, paper flower (walnut ink stained), burned fabric flower and background papers (thank you Deena), a leaf charm, mini glass beads, perle cotton thread, raffia, craft feathers, and old music. The tabs are from scrapbook paper, lace, button, ribbon, old book cover, stamps, old hankie, sticker letters that spell "bird." I washed the edges in pink acrylic wash and simply decorated about 30 pages. This went to S'More Couture in Peoria, IL.

No comments: