Thursday, September 6, 2007

Birds Have Nests

Matthew 8:20--"Jesus replied,'Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.' " Jesus was warning his disciples that if they follow him they would have to endure hardships. They would have to give up things of the world that were dear to them, maybe even their family. I feel like this today. I'm giving up my husband to the Lord's work. He's taking on all of the pastoral ministries while our pastor recuperates from two very serious surgeries. My husband is a workoholic anyway and a great people-lover so I'm used to his being gone, but now it's even more. I need to accept this as a great privilege to serve the Lord by offering my husband to the Lord's service, but I'm selfish and am having trouble doing so. Lord, help me be willing to sacrifice by being the best servant that I can to my husband. Help me know what to do to help him and in so doing I help you and your purpose. Amen.

This art is based on an old book cover. I use assorted ephemera, wallpaper, stamps, lace and buttons to decorate it. A twisted wire is the hanger. The text on top says, "Song Without Words" and the "leaves" on the tree are a text from a falling apart "Trees of Illinois" manual. The branch is a header from the book and says, "Forest Trees." It measures approximately 5" x 7."

1 comment:

SweetAnnee said...

Oh I just love this one, I'm a nut over anything birds..
and God is Good, all the time

deena