Sunday, September 9, 2007

Delight and Desire

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart," Psalm 37:4. Some of Webster's definitions of "delight" are "great pleasure, gratification, joy." To take great pleasure in the Lord, to have gratification in the Lord and to have joy in the Lord are things that I need to examine in my relationship with Him. It delights me to see my husband enough to remember the reasons I married him. It delights me to see how my children have grown in the Lord and how they are raising their children. It delights me to see how my grandchildren have grown and what they are learning as they grow. How often do I allow the presence of God into the depths of my soul? How many new little children for Christ am I raising? How have I grown in the Lord and how much am I actively learning from Him? Whenever I feel like I'm not getting my share of life--my desires, maybe I need to recognize whether I'm delighting in Him enough.

I used a playing card for the base, painted it and collaged a vintage image and ephemera on it. I muted the flower and leaves with gesso. The scripture was written with a micron pen.

No comments: