Thursday, September 27, 2007

Carrying the Cross

"And anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me," Matthew 10:38.
We all have our "cross" to bear, but this statement has been used by non-believers as well. Only if we know of the cross Jesus carried for us can we even begin to understand what this means. Jesus tasted death for us and battled Satan for us so we don't have to. After this life we, as believers in Jesus Christ, will not die eternally but will live forever in heaven with God and Christ. Anything we have to bear on this earth will pass away and what is left is "out of this world!"

Forgive the watermark above. I'm visiting my daughter and her family and emailed the picture to her in a different file. She had to "borrow" a converter to make it a jpg. That's beyond me. I'll just stick to making art. I used a playing card as the base, painted it, added a vintage image and other ephemera, etched in gel medium and highlighted with gold paint. Thank you Catherine Terry for the wonderful "portal" picture for the background.

No comments: