Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fancy Lady

I made this card for a Yahoo group lottery with the theme, "Fancy Ladies." What does that have to do with the Bible? What scripture relates to this theme? I found one where God is telling of his love for Israel and how much he cares for her in Ezekiel 16:10-12--"I clothed you with an embroidered dress and put leather sandals on you. I dressed you in fine linen and covered you with costly garments. I adorned you with jewelry: I put bracelets on your arms and a necklace around your neck, and I put a ring on your nose, earrings on your ears and a beautiful crown on your head." Nose rings are even becoming popular again with the younger generation. God so wanted to show Israel his pleasure by giving her even the things that weren't necessary. God would like to do the same with us if we would just turn to Him. I know there are times when I've received even more than what I've asked. He wants to bless us abundantly but we must be responsible to Him.

I used a playing card as the base for this art. I then collaged scrapbook papers, ephemera and a vintage image, etched in gel medium and highlighted with gold paint. I added green tulle and a flower to the hat. The card measures 2 1/2" x 3 1/2."

No comments: