Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Protect

"Protect me and save me because you are my God. I am your faithful servant and I trust you....Your love for me is so great that you protected me from death and the grave," Psalm 86: 2 and 13. Little children are so dependent upon those around them. They need nurturing, feeding, clothing, and protection (to list a few.) They learn from their parents how to treat other people and animals. You can see what they have learned by how they play with their toys and treat their pets. This little one was probably treated kindly because she holds her doll with protection and love. How much more will our Heavenly Father hold us if we put our total trust in Him.

The base of this art is a playing card measuring 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" upon which I painted, adhered a vintage image, etched in gel medium hightlighted with gesso, and colored pens.

No comments: