Thursday, September 20, 2007

Deep Waters

Psalm 69:1, 2, 13: "Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold. I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me. But I pray to you, O Lord, in the time of your favor; in your great love, O God, answer me with your sure salvation." Trouble seems to come in waves, like the sea. First, it's calm like a murmuring brook and the going is easy. Then, without notice, everything crashes on you like a thundering ocean. Torrents of trouble rain down and floods of sorrow overwhelm you. You wonder, "Can I endure? Where is my Savior? I'm sinking! My feet are slipping out from under me! Help Me! I can't go on!" God is still in control during those times, too. He is the quiet after the storm. He is the one who allowed you to have another day. He is the one who stilled the storm before and He will do it again. Patience is difficult in troubling times, but the Lord is the Master of the Storm and He will see you through it. Trust Him.

The base of this card is a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" playing card on which is adhered paper strips, a vintage image and gold paint.

No comments: