Sunday, September 23, 2007

Return Trip

Isaiah 31:5--"Like birds hovering overhead, the Lord Almighty will shield Jerusalem; he will shield it and deliver it, he will 'pass over' it and will receive it." It's time for the seasonal journey of geese to their winter feeding grounds. I noticed them the first time this Fall as I was walking. They passed right over my head--so close I could see the detailed coloring on their heads. They are a mighty bird and they seem to gracefully glide through the air without any labor, almost hovering. God promises to "hover" over us, to shield us, to deliver us, protect us (like the Israelites were protected from the death angel as it passed over the land), and receive us like he did those of Jerusalem long ago. We are His adopted people and we benefit from His blessings.

This piece measures approximately 9" square. The base is muslin on which I laid pulled and clipped yarn to make the background. I quilted it and embroidered the detail.

No comments: