Monday, September 17, 2007

Is It Time Yet?

The challenge scripture for this week in my Art In the Word Yahoo Group was Isaiah 66:9 which says: " 'Do I bring to the moment of birth and not give delivery?', says the Lord. 'Do I close up the womb when I bring to delivery?' says the Lord.' " This one was hard for me to interpret because I couldn't get past the words and into the meaning. God was actually giving Israel hope by saying this--hope for their future if they staying attached to Him. Pregnancy is a time of waiting that is uncomfortable at times and if you go past your due date, which I did with every one of my three children, the time creeps by. I need to remember that God has a plan for me and I must be patient and see it through while trusting Him to direct me.

This art was based on a playing card on which I painted and collaged images. It measures 2 1/2" x 3 1/2."

No comments: