Saturday, October 6, 2007

Dreams and Visions

"I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old ones will dream dreams. Your young ones will see visions." Joel 2:28. Are you too busy to dream? Do you have a vision for your life? The Israelites had again strayed from the Lord. They had followed their own destiny and entered into sin--again. When they finally came to their senses, they confessed their sin and turned back to God. God, in His infinite mercy, forgave them and blessed them. This was one of the promises he gave them. Turn to God and He will give you the vision He wants you to have.

This art was based on a playing card. I adhered a vintage image transfered on muslin, an image on paper and other ephemera. I etched in gel medium, then dry brushed with gold.

My pastor is back in the hospital and we don't know what is going on yet. He had two heart surgeries this past summer and has stomach pain now. If you pray, please do so. The thought came to me this morning as I was reading the Bible that maybe our church's prayers are not being heard because of our individual sins. Every member needs to confess sin and do what is right, turn back to the Lord. Maybe then we will receive positive answers to our prayers.

No comments: