Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Secrets

Proverbs 11:13--" A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy person keeps a secret."
Many situations in life do not lend themselves to sharing confidences. There are few people who are trustworthy enough with whom one can share deep thoughts and feelings. My job as the wife of a pastor is to keep secrets and that job can be so burdensome. I'm grateful I have the Lord to whom I can share those secrets. He is the one who gives my aching heart rest.

This art card is based on a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" playing card on which I have glued a vintage image, text, book binding fragments, handkerchief remnant, green grosgrain ribbon, pink trim, black satin ribbon, and a black button. I have etched in gel medium and highlighted with gold paint. I added an aged tag with the word "secrets" written on both sides and printed "shhhh..." with old typeset. The photo was taken in dim light, thus the yellow hue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sally-
I never thought to comment before. I just wanted to let you know how much your "thoughts" each day mean to me.
I can usually identify with them.
Your art work always goes so well with it.
Thanks for sharing in this way.
Mary McG

Anonymous said...

I love this one!!!
-the daughter