Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Obedience vs Sacrifice

1 Samuel 15:22--"Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice." The text above says "Das Sacrament des Altars." It comes from an old German Lutheran Service Book. Why is it we think we can "buy God" with what we do. God is not interested in what we do but in who we are. He'd rather we be His than show him how much we can do for Him. Am I being all I can be for Him? What do I think? What is my attitude? How do I approach life situations? What are my plans?
How much do I listen to God's voice and if I do hear it--do I respond to Him?

This art is based on a playing card on which I painted, glued a vintage image and other ephemera, crocheted lace, embroidery from old hankie, and scrim from an old book.

No comments: