Saturday, October 27, 2007

Lights and Shadows

James 1:17: "Every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father who created all the lights in the heavens. He is always the same and never makes dark shadows by changing." My favorite time of day is evening when the trees are dark against a multi-color sky. What a gift God gives me every colorful evening. I gain a sense of peace and solitude after a busy day when I look at the palette of the Creator of Lights and Shadows.

This is fiber art using pulled yarn on muslin, covered with tulle and hand-quilted with coordinating threads then the tree is hand-embroidered with black. The piece measures a scant 2 1/2" x 3 1/2."

I reinstated my counter yesterday and it seems to be working. Oh, the joys and woes of the electronic age in all its wonder!

No comments: