Sunday, October 14, 2007

Love One Another

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another," John 13:35-36. This seems simple enough. Three little words that pack a big punch. You know, there are just some people I don't like, let alone love. I'm sure they must think the same of me since I don't have much to do with them. Now, is that any way a Christian should act? Jesus was speaking to the disciples and about the disciples. Did they not love each other? If they were like me at all, they probably needed Jesus to say that to them. I need the reminder.

This art was based on a playing card, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2," on which I adhered a vintage image and other ephemera, text, book binding, ribbon and lace. I painted the edges, etched in gel medium and highlighted it with gold paint. A charm (thank you, L.) hangs on gold thread put through a whole in the top segment.

No comments: