Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Hovering

Detail of "Hovering."


Detail work on "Hovering."


"Hovering" before quilting.


Finished piece: "Hovering"

Genesis 1:1-2: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters." This scripture evokes a deep sense of awe inside me. Whenever I read this I marvel at the power of God. Whenever I doubt, I need to re-read this chapter and allow God's marvelous creative ability to fill my soul.

I used black cotton fabric as the base of this 6" square fiber art piece. I added pulled yarn, fabric, metallic and cottons threads, a copy of moon from http://www.nasa.gov/. I covered it with tulle and machine and hand quilted with coordinating thread.

No comments: