Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Three

Ecclesiastes 4:12 states: "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." The old adage, "Two's company, three's a crowd," is not necessarily true. I have two other sisters and when we're together the fun doesn't stop. The Bible indicates that three is a special number because of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Numerologists agree that three is a divine number. Three just seemed to be the word of the day for me today. Add another friend to the one you have and see if three isn't a strong number.

This art is based on a playing card, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" on which I adhered a copy of an old family picture, German Fraktur text, wallpaper, book cover material, ribbon and other ephemera. I etched in gel medium and highlighted with black paint. I added the word, "three," and the number 3 in various forms. I had to take the picture inside early this morning so the coloring is yellowed. The original is black and white.

No comments: