Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My Granddaughter's Art Cards

My darling granddaughter, Emma, has jumped into this art card stuff with both feet. She and I have exchanged cards the last few weeks and her Mom is buying her scrapbook paper and stickers so she can create. Isn't that that greatest? She just turned nine this month and I think I have a mixed media artist in the family. The card on the right measures 2 3/4" x 3 1/2" on which she has glued silk flowers, fun fur yarn and used glitter glue decorations. I think the verse for this card will be Isaiah 40:8--"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever."
The card on the left measures approximately 3" x 4 1/4" and she has used a regular watercolor marker and sprayed water on it for this effect. She's used a flower sticker on the bottom and a crown sticker on the top. She added her text, "Joy falls like rain." Praise the Lord. She lives in a joyful house.
My other grandchildren are also very talented artists in their own styles and when we get together, we create! What fun for this artsy Grandma.

No comments: