Monday, October 15, 2007

Lean Not

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding," Proverbs 3:5.
A bit macabre maybe, but this art is a manifestation of this verse of scripture.

This piece was based on a playing card on which I adhered a vintage image, a copy from an old anatomy book, ephemera, book binding, plastic netting and I etched in gel medium and highlighted with gold paint.

My son has started a blog--commonname.blogspot--about his journey as a Christian artist. I need to send him this card. He could attest to its meaning.

1 comment:

SweetAnnee said...

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding," Proverbs 3:5.

I love that verse..and need to be reminded of it
..thanks for posting..and I love your art inspired by this verse!