Sunday, November 18, 2007

Give Thanks

Psalm 118:1--"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." This chapter in the book of Psalms repeats the last section of this verse five times. I think the psalmist wanted us to remember it. Like any good song, the refrain is repeated and becomes the part you remember the most. The Psalms are full of repeated phrases and this one is common. What a wonderful way to remind ourselves when the going gets rough--that He still loves us and that doesn't change.

This card measures 5" x 7." I used a copy of an old image, German text, bookbinding materials, computer-generated text and paint. I etched in gel medium and painted it with gold paint. I made this and another like it to send to my sisters for Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Kyra said...

Sally,

Lovely images on your blog. Are there resources for African American Victorian images? Would love to know more if so.

Best, Kyra
www.BlackThreads.blogspot.com