Friday, November 16, 2007

Just As I Am?

The story about the woman caught in adultery has always been intriguing to me. Who caught her? How did they know she was there? Who was she? Why was she there?-- too many questions left unanswered. The most important point is that Jesus knew who she was and why she was there and loved her anyway. Can you imagine her thoughts as Jesus said, " Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" "No one, Sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin." (John 8:10-11) Imagine this continuing conversation: "Lord, you mean you accept me just as I am?" she asked. " Yes, child, because I know who you really are deep inside. My father made you to be my child and to follow me. Come on. Let's really live it up!" She bowed her head, then raised her eyes to him, "Lord, I am yours now, forever. I've never known love until I met you." He took her small hand and they walked away together--forever.

This art card is created on black card stock on which I adhered a vintage image and words from an old text. I stippled bronze paint, etched in gel medium and highlighted with gold paint.

1 comment:

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

This is beautiful Sally and I love what you have written.