Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Measured

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you," Matthew 7:2. So often I catch myself doing just this--measuring people by the way they look, dress or act. I even judge people by how much they have or don't have. What a waste of time. God doesn't want me to do that. He wants me to accept them as His children no matter what. We'd all get along much better if we didn't judge people but embraced them instead. How can anyone know Christ if I don't display His love?

This art was based on cardstock, painted and stamped. I adhered a vintage image and part of a measuring tape then stippled with black paint. I measures 2 1/2" x 2 1/2."

1 comment:

Amber said...

This is very striking...very beautiful and mindful! Love how you used the verse and details in your art!
hugs,
Amber