Thursday, November 15, 2007

Plans for You

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future," Jeremiah 29:11. I've probably used this verse a number of times in my works but it still holds true every day. If we would give up our plans in favor of the Master Plans for us, we'd be happier people. There's a sense of rest and comfort in knowing you're in the Master's hands.

This art work is based on an old book cover measuring approximately 5 1/4" x 9." The pearls extend another 1 1/2" below the lace and the hanging chain reaches 2 1/2" above. I used a copy of an old image, an old handkercheif, old lace, costume jewelry pearl necklace, assorted pearls, wood disk, stamped design, a sticker, gel medium, gold paint and gel stain.

No comments: