Sunday, November 25, 2007

Rest For The Weary

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest," Matthew 11:28.
What a promise! I haven't even started Christmas shopping yet; I'm exhausted from just visiting in-laws, children and grandchildren; I've cooked and traveled and have come home just in time to be in church almost all day. I'm weary. And yet, there are so many others who have it so much worse than I can ever imagine. I really don't know true WEARINESS. I really can't understand being really BURDENED. Even in my own world of weary and burdened, my Lord has given me rest. There is a sense of peace and joy one can only know in Christ our Lord.

This card is based on cardstock on which I've adhered a vintage image, painted and etched in gel medium and highlighted with gold paint. The background and image is from Shabby Cottage Studio.

No comments: