Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Blessed Is He Who Reads

Revelation 1:3--"Blessed is he who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it."

The title of this blog was chosen from this scripture, but the scripture refers to the revelations of John, a disciple of Jesus. This book of the Bible is very difficult to understand and many have tried. I guess I need to just follow the instructions of John and read it anyway because he says that those who do will be blessed. I can especially relate to the proclamations given to the seven churches. Read it and see how God blesses you.

I made a stack of boundless books, tied ribbon around them, added a floral sprig, tulle and a handmade tag on which I adhered a vintage valentine (Shabby Cottage Studio.com), etched in gel medium and painted it gold. You can find this at my Etsy Store (go to the side bar and click on the picture of these books.)

2 comments:

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Sally, that is just gorgeous! Love th esoft aged colors of the books withthe color of the ribbon and flowers.

SweetAnnee said...

Absolutely lovely!!
woohoo
deena