Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Fighting

Luke 11:16--"A kingdom where people fight each other will end up in ruin. And a family that fights will break up."

There are so many scriptures having to do with war, none of which seemed appropriate to me for this picture. As I was reading my daily Bible readings today, I read this from the words of Jesus. This was to be my verse for today. All the negotiations in the world won't work if people are determined to fight. We have to set our hearts right and listen to reason. We need to put aside our own agendas and listen to others' ideas. We need to have pliable hearts. We need God to help us not be selfish and listen (or be quiet at the right time.) Don't end in ruin. Talk instead of fight. Don't give up.

This card was done as a thank you for Tanya who willingly gave me some of the pictures of her family to use in my art. It was made on a playing card to which I adhered a copy of a picture of her grandfather and his buddy in the war. I etched in gel medium and highlighted it in gold paint.
SEE LAST SUNDAY'S POST FOR DETAILS ON A GIVE-AWAY NEXT WEEKEND. JUST COMMENT, I'LL DRAW AND YOU MAY WIN.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Thank you so much, I Love it!

Tanya