Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Baby's Prayer

Luke 10:21--"At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, 'I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.' "

Children understand who Jesus is if we give them a chance. So many parents make the mistake of thinking that their child isn't "ready" yet to receive Jesus as their Savior. They may not submit them to religious teaching as children because the parent doesn't want to commit to Christ. They use the excuse, "when the child is old enough to understand what they are doing, then they can go to church, or commit to Christ. Just don't make me responsible for their religious teaching." They hold them back when the child wants to make a public confession of faith. When that time comes, the parent needs to know that the Lord does reveal himself to children. Why wait and let that calling die away? It does, sometimes, leave the child and then it may be too late.

This art was created on a large bound notebook (thank you, Deena). I painted the background and added a copy of a vintage image, scrapbook paper, old text, ribbons, buttons, book binding materials, thread, old music and other ephemera, old lace and I etched in gel medium and highlighted it with gold and black stain. I measures about 7 1/2" x 10." BE SURE TO COMMENT THROUGH FEB. 3 TO WIN THE LITTLE EASTER BASKET I POSTED A FEW DAYS AGO. I'LL CONTACT YOU THROUGH YOUR BLOG OR EMAIL ADDRESS YOU LEAVE ME.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sally,
I do enjoy your pieces and words. I try to look and read everyday!
Mary