Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Lord Cares For You

"Cast all your anxiety upon him because he cares for you."--1 Peter 5:7
It is promised in the Bible that the world will never be at peace. We seek peace but we'll not have it. The only true peace lies in Jesus Christ who gives us a sense of calm in the middle of the storm. There are so many anxieties in life, so many cares and woes, so many pitfalls. If we didn't trust in the Lord, in whom can we trust? God truly cares when no one else does. He truly wants us to find that peace of a lifetime in him. The verse indicates "all," so that means even the little cares are to be given to him. We'd be happier people if we took this verse to heart.

I made little notebooks for gifts and this is one I gave away a Christmas. I started with a copy of a vintage image and intuitively built around it, adding whatever came to fit. This collage is made on a small spiral notebook measuring 3" x 5." I added yarn, ribbon and jewelry findings for fun.
I've also added a tad of my signature gel etching. Can't forget that.

No comments: